Friday, February 17, 2012

Three Pictures

Well, I've been asked to take more pictures by multiple people and have had the intention to do so for about two weeks now but never actually got around to it.  As a result, these are pictures taken  by other people.  Not optimal, but at least you get to see some of what we've been doing.


 This was Sabbath the 11th.  The day was beautiful, which means it was slightly too hot to hike comfortably.  Here we have reached the "summit" of Mt. Mishuro, and I am quite exhausted.  It's about 2 miles or so round trip, so that shows you how out of shape I am.  In defense, though, it was a very steep climb.  At the top we could see for miles.  The first thing I noticed when I got there was a huge, pure white cloud that should have filled up our whole view of the heavens, but didn't because the sky was so much bigger.  It was gorgeous!


This was just yesterday.  The Wood's girls and some of their friends put on the play "Tea For Felicity" for the homeschooling group that they're a part of.  They did a very good job, and I was honored to be able to help.  I got to arrange the different sets, announce new scenes, and be the prompter.  Jonathan was the "curtain man". :)


This is not a very good picture of many people, but I decided to put it up anyway so that you could see the whole group.  This was a couple hours after the play ended when we were all ready to go to youth group which I must tell you about.  What I thought youth group was: Just a Bible study with lots of people and maybe some singing.  What youth group was: A huge room of 8-14 year olds that loved playing the organized games that I didn't really want to play, food, and a small talk at the end from a German pastor that was actually pretty good.  You can probably guess that I felt kind of old and awkward being expected to join in with all the kids when I was about the same age as most of the staff and I think a little older than some of them.  Ah well, it was an experience, and I got to know some new people. :)

I wish there was a picture from Valentine's Day, but both Jonathan and I kept forgetting that February 14 is a holiday.  We did go out to eat that day, though, so I suppose you could say that we celebrated.  Also, Dad sent both of us the best emails!  Mine made me cry; thanks Dad!

So this is what we've been up to. . . Hope you enjoyed it!


3 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you, Jenny! Glad to see a glimpse of your face, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to see what you are up to!!! It looks like the day you hiked was gorgeous... Thanks for the update!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I love seeing your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete