Friday, February 24, 2012

Introducing. . .

__________________________________________________ 
Fun and Games
24 February, 2012
4:00 pm

Director: Jennifer Stephan
Photographer: Jennifer Stephan
Actress”: Jennifer Stephan
Computer/Camera Tech: Jonathan Stephan


Act I: A game—originally “Where's Waldo”--entitled “Where's Polly Amongst Everything We've
         Been Doing This Week,” featuring the doll Polly in her debut performance. Polly first
         came to Malawi about two months ago in a Christmas package sent by a very dear
         friend, and has been anxious to be featured on this blog ever since.

         Also a quick survey that can be left in the comments section. Here are your
         questions: 1. Is it sad that everything we've been doing this week can fit onto a table,
         or, 2. Does it just show that we live a wonderfully simple life?

Intermission: For the resting of your mind after the vigorous mental activities above, some
                     beautiful flowers that are spreading their sunshine outside our window right
                     now.

Act II: A “silent picture.” This is the story of what happens whenever you're naughty (e.g.
         not paying attention when your teacher is talking) and caught and punished properly.
         The planner of this program dearly hopes that it will provide some deep food for
         thought.







Disclaimer: No girls, dolls, or stuffed teddy bears were harmed during the making of this post. Nor any techs.  Also, randomness, weirdness, etc., is all due entirely to complete and utter boredom on this unique day in history.
___________________________________________________________________



Act I:

Introducing Polly.


  

I will now ask that you kindly think of what you will respond to the survey questions.



Intermission: 

    

Summer beauty.







Act II:

Let the show begin!



There once was a girl who seemed innocent enough-- she was usually quiet during school and always appeared very appreciative when her teacher would come to explain something to her.




When the teacher came, she would smile very big and say, "Thank you!"

  



But once the teacher's focus turned to explanation, she would start making faces because she thought she couldn't understand what the teacher was saying and she didn't like that.




She was always on the lookout, though, for the moment when the teacher would glance over at her to see if she understood.



 
                    This was why she never learned any better.                   
                                    







But one day, when she made a particularly uncouth face. . .




. . .she got caught!
At first she tried to make the teacher think it was just a joke.





But as she went on trying to explain, the teacher's expression made her more and more uncertain that her story was passing inspection.





 Finally the teacher made her realize how naughty she'd been being.  She repented and was never naughty again.



 The End!


                 

5 comments:

  1. This makes me smile! Very glad to see that Polly made it safe and sound..
    In answer to your survey - I think it proves you live a wonderfully simple life. I saw evidence of food and drink (rather necessary), a Bible (definitely necessary), other randomn activities (such as Yahtzee, a computer, umbrella, other books, etc...) to keep you from getting bored, and best of all, Junior Mints! What else could prove a wonderfully simple life, right? :-)
    On another note, your story was quite educational. I hope everyone learns a great deal, as I did.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved meeting Polly!!! She seems like a wonderful young lady, and I look forward to seeing more of her in this blog in the future. *hint hint*

    As far as your desk of activities goes, it looks to me like you are keeping yourselves busy. I just have one question: WHERE ARE THE SCHOOLBOOKS? I know that you are doing something over there in Malawi related to schoolbooks, yet I didn't see any there (only reading books)...although I am willing to concede that maybe my eyesight is lacking. :-)

    I found your story inspiring and entertaining. Does it at all reflect anything that has been happening in your real life there? If so, I hope the outcome was/will be as positive as the one portrayed here. I have great confidence in you that it will be!!!

    I love and miss you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe - wonderful! When I saw the picture of Polly on my Blogger dashboard and saw it had been posted by “Jennifer”, my first thought was, “How did Aunt Jenn in France get Polly? I thought I sent her to Jenny!” …*ahem*, yes, there are times when I’m as blonde as a spool doll... :p

    Not to be ornery or anything, but I think I choose option “C” for your survey. :p You must lead a rather complicated life, if your last week alone involved everything on that computer desk...I don't know if my week would take up so much space! ;) I have much food for thought, now, as I take to heart your studious busy-ness AND the lesson you have so aptly taught. :D

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those flowers are beautiful. Is it really summer over there? I'm jealous! I love the expressions Jen, they perfectly illustrate the story! And about those survey questions, I for one enjoyed seeing what you were up to this week, and find the idea of putting everything you did on your desk, quite charming! If I did that I would put my laptop, maybe a couple paintbrushes, and by the time I put my guitar on the desk I'd be out of room haha!
    Looking forward to more posts and pics!
    Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Thanks you guys--I love hearing from you! I'm glad you enjoyed this one since I quite enjoyed it myself :) Can't wait to see you all again!!

    ReplyDelete