Friday, September 26, 2014

Another Pass-it-along Internet Challenge

Hello! A good friend of mine, Ben Coder (http://whiteknucklesholdingfast.blogspot.com/), tagged me in a challenge to revive my blog. The rules are thus:
  1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
  2. Answer he/her 11 questions.
  3. Add to these 11 random facts about yourself.
  4. Come up with your own 11 questions.
  5. Tag (up to) 11 other blogs (with under 200 followers to follow the previous steps).

So here goes...

Thanks, Ben!

  1. If you were stuck on a desert island with only 1 song on your iPod, which would you choose?Ulysses by Josh Garrels.
  2. What is your favorite drink?
    Water.
  3. Aside from English, what languages have you studied?
    American Sign Language, two years.
  4. What trip/journey made the biggest impact on your life?
    The year I spent in Malawi, Africa.
  5. Introvert or Extrovert?
    Um...depends.
  6. Hot or cold weather?
    Cold.
  7. Favorite pastime by yourself? With a group?
    By myself is probably writing music; with a group is probably talking.  Actually conversing, I mean; not the usual meaningless chatter.
  8. Do you currently own an HP printer
    YES! (Thank you, Ben.)
  9. Who do you consider the most despicable fictional character that you have ever encountered?Victor Hugo's Claude Frollo.
  10. Who do you consider the most heroic mortal in history?
    Tough. I'ma go with Rosa Parks, though. GUTS, man.
  11. Has God ever changed your plans? How?
    YES. Well, the easiest one is the time I thought I was going to college and ended up living in Africa for a year.

And eleven random facts about myself...

  1. I cry in movies. And books. And songs.
  2. I detest insects and insect-like creatures.
  3. I keep three minute stuffed penguins from my childhood on my desk at college.
  4. As a rule, I am dreadfully indecisive.
  5. I'd far rather have someone disagree with me and be intellectually consistent in their beliefs than support me illogically.
  6. The first attribute I look for in a friend is the ability to intuitively understand and take into account the way others are feeling.
  7. I secretly fear my human propensity to not do everything perfectly.
  8. I let this fear immobilize me.
  9. I have a hard time believing that “perfect love casts out fear.” It's easier to believe that love is weak than that it is largely absent from the world...and my own life.
  10. I cannot resist cookies.
  11. Peanut butter in desserts is pretty much the evil-est thing I know.

And the eleven questions for my nominees...

  1. How did you meet your significant other? If you are singl— that is, relationally impaired, tell a story about ants.
  2. What does your bedspread look like?
  3. Who first inspired you to write?
  4. When did death first become personal?
  5. Where would you live if you could accomplish your life goals anywhere?  What are those life goals?
  6. Upload the picture you are about to draw of a mouse.
  7. If you could only share the link to one website you appreciate ever again, and had to do it right now, which would it be?
  8. Is it possible to have an existential crisis while listening to polka music?
  9. What are your feelings regarding the concept of animal sentience?
  10. How soon do you see yourself going absolutely crazy?  Why?
  11. Remind us why life is worth living.



Okay. The last one'll be hard, 'cause I don't follow that many blogs... Um, first shall be my almost-brother, Mr. Nicholas Gosney (http://smallasian-nick.blogspot.com/). Then a good friend from Bible college days, Anneliese Wahlman (http://anneliesewahlman.blogspot.com/). Lastly, I nominate...um. I think the rest of my friends who have blogs which I know about have done it...hm. My blog life is apparently rather...empty. Anyhoo! Hope all is well in your worlds!

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! A very prompt reply sir! I hope we shall see more from your blog forth-withly!

    God bless

    ReplyDelete