Sunday, April 8, 2012

Photos! (Finally.)


 Okay, well, the uploader and the internet were going crazy, and so everything is out of order.  I just don't have the patience and fortitude that would be required to re-organize them using this program, so my apologies.  I'll narrate what each photo is.  The only game park we went to was South Luongua in Zambia, so assume that.  Otherwise stuff is in Malawi, I think.  So behold a collection of photos that I chose, nearly at random.


 Here is a Cape Buffalo and an elephant.  (In case you're blind.)
Photo Credit: Dad

 
 This market scene was on one of our many bus rides.
Photo Credit: Dad

 This Jo is my sister.  You may applaud.
Photo Credit: Dad

 My favorite lion shot (we only saw one lion).
Photo Credit: Dad

 This is my second favorite shot of one of the many little dudes we saw.  If you wonder why my first favorite (also by Jo) isn't up, see top of the blog.
Photo Credit: Jo

 This is us after the safari, eating at a yummy Italian restaurant.
Photo Credit: Dad

 Sissy (and me crowding in)
Photo Credit: Jo

Other sissy (and me crowding in)
Photo Credit: Dad

 A secret consultation for what to do next at a place which I do not remember.
Photo Credit: Dad

 Please congratulate me on the extraordinary circumstance of having not one, but two gloriously beautiful sisters.
Photo Credit: Jo

 This was the cafe at the hotel we stayed at in Lilongwe.
Photo Credit: Jo

 The view from our campsite across the river and into the park.
Photo Credit: Jo

 A hippo.  Not our best shot, but definitely my fav.
Photo Credit: Jo (You may be noticing a trend: I'm not posting my photos.) 
[There's a reason for that.]

Silly sissy on safari stares at self sitting staring at silly self on safari staring at sissy staring...
Photo Credit: Jo

 An elephant.
Photo Credit: Jo

 A bird.
Photo Credit: Jo

Not our best shot of zebras, but my fav.  Again.
Photo Credit: Jo

 THE best hyena shot (edited to be better by me!)
Photo Credit: Jo

 I like zebra shots.  They're very hard to delete.
Photo Credit: Jo

 The Greater Kudu: probably my all-time favorite animal.  They are so cool.
Photo Credit: Jo

 We hadn't seen any warthogs the first day of game driving, and Jo really wanted to see a warthog.  So as we started the second (and last) day, she said, "I wish to see a warthog."  We promptly saw a family of them, and by the end of the day had probably spotted close to 50.  Yay.
Photo Credit: Jo

 Giraffes are also cool.  (Aren't these intelligent and meaningful comments of mine?)
Photo Credit: Jo

 My favorite giraffe photo by far.
Photo Credit: Jo

Here is back at camp.  We were trying to take a family photo with the timer on Jo's camera.  Unfortunately, she thought that the longest timer was for two seconds, and to all appearances that was correct.  The upside is that we ended up with all of these awesome photos of us kids trying to run the ten yards in under two seconds.  I am proud to say I got the farthest.  And no, my long legs have nothing at all to do with it.
Photo Credit: Me

 We saw this brightly billed bird beaking a brilliantly beastly beast (a snake).  It tried repeatedly to eat it, but kept choking.  It finally spit it out and gave up.
Photo Credit: Jo

A stork.  This shot was Mom's idea, but then everyone else latched onto it and started shooting.  Unfortunately, I don't have Mom's photos on my computer, so I had to settle for this beautiful one.
Photo Credit: Jo

 Jenny waiting for the fam at the bus stop.
Photo Credit: Me

 The bus!  (I also have a great video of us as they got off, but I have no patience to upload it.)
Photo Credit: Me

 Us driving out on the safari.
Photo Credit: Me

 Antelope.  These were the only animal which I had enough chances to photograph to produce a semi-decent shot.  Congratulate me.
Photo Credit: Me

 A bird.
Photo Credit: Me

 Jojo photographing.
Photo Credit: Me
 The entire safari group minus the guide.
Photo Credit: Me

 Cool sky which I like.
Photo Credit: Me

 We often resorted to tearing our hair out to alleviate the stress of not seeing things.
Photo Credit: Me

 Here's our excellent guide, Moses, making sure nothing mauls my mother, who insisted on getting out of the vehicle while viewing lions, tigers, and bears (oh my) fighting just out of the frame.
Photo Credit: Me

 The only person outside of our family to join our safari.  His name is Gal, and he is a non-religious Israeli herpetologist/ecologist who was really nice.  We had tons of great, meaningful conversations with him.  He runs a game park in southern Israel.
Photo Credit: Me


 We got some great videos of our LEOPARD that we saw, but unfortunately, this is as good as it got for stills.  Still, we saw a leopard!
Photo Credit: Me

A picture of the intrepid photographer, Jomar, who showed up at random intervals to supplement our supply of photos.  (3000+ wouldn't have been enough.)
Photo Credit: Me

Us eating at a local hotel.  Despite the fact that the majority of these pictures were of animals, the absolute best part of our family's visit was times like these.  It was amazing to just be able to sit and talk to each other again.  One of God's greatest gifts on earth truly is family!
Photo Credit: Dad

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks like you guys had a blast! It's awesome that you were able to have some good family time.

    ... so, will you be a licensed safari guide by the time you're back?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How. Fun. Looks like a wonderful time! Enjoyed everyone's pix. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you all had such a very amazingly fun time! Loved seeing all the pictures! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun to look at!!! It brings back lots of warm-and-fuzzy memories... I agree--family IS one of God's greatest gifts on earth!!! And I can hardly wait until we are back together again (6 weeks and 1 day, if I haven't mentioned that before...)!!!

    P.S. Your comments are terrifically inventive and creative... :-)

    ReplyDelete